lunes, 30 de abril de 2012

XL Rime

Her hand in my hands
Her eyes in my eyes,
The lovely head
laying on my shoulder,
God knows how many times
with lazy step
we have wandered together
under the tall elms
that from her house they provide
mistery and shadow to the porch


And yesterday ... only one year ago
has flown past,
with what a exquisite grace,
with what an admirable composure,
told me when introducing us
a unofficial friend
I think somewhere
I have seen you!?
Oh, how fool
you are from the rooms
dears of good tone,
and go there to hunt
gallant confusions:
what story you have lost,
what a dish so tasty
to be devoured
sotto voce in a choir
behind the hand-held fan
of feathers and gold...!


Discreet and honest moon,
dense and tall elms,
walls of her house,
thresholds of her porch,
quiet, and that the secret
does not leave us.
Quiet, that on my behalf
I have forgotten all;
and she... she, there is no mask
similar to her face.



Vocabulary:
Elms: Olmos
Porch: Pórtico
Only: Apenas
Has flown past: Ha pasado como un soplo/volando
Composure: Aplomo/Calma
Dears: Comadres
Sotto voce: Reducir intencionadamente la voz para dar énfasis. El orador da la impresión de pronunciar involuntariamente una verdad que puede sorprender o insultar.
Choir: Coro
Hand-held fan: Abanico
Dense: Tupido
Thresholds: Umbrales
On my behalf: Por mi parte

1 comentario:

  1. I abslutely love this poem and almost every one of Gustavo Adolfo Béqcuer. Thanks for posting it! Really great the page of yours!

    ResponderEliminar

¿Te ha sido lo visitado de utilidad? En cuyo caso, bienvenido es tu comentario.

Pero, está prohibido publicar:
- Anuncios o publicidad
- Contenido obseno, grosero o grotesco
- Comentarios que no posean congruencia alguna con la temática del sitio

Cualquier comentario de los tipos anteriores será borrado automáticamente y el usuario que lo publicó será bloqueado y denunciado.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...